Courts & Police
19 May, 2026
Domestic violence remains a priority: NSW Police
NSW Police have moved to reassure residents that domestic violence remains a priority following the deaths of three people in Campbelltown overnight.

NSW Police have moved to reassure residents that domestic violence remains a priority following the deaths of three people in Campbelltown overnight.
The bodies of three people – a woman believed to be aged in her 40s and two children – were found inside a Raymond Avenue home shortly before 8pm.
A 47-year-old man was arrested at the scene and was subsequently charged with three counts of murder (DV).
Bail was formally refused at a hearing in Campbelltown Local Court earlier today and the matter adjourned until July 15.
The man is yet to enter a plea.
Acting Superintendent Michael Moroney confirmed earlier today that the alleged offender had no prior history with police.
He said he was not aware of any previous (police) interactions with the man or any domestic violence-related incidents.
Last night’s tragedy came within two days of NSW Police announcing it had charged more than 900 people as part of Operation Amorak XVIII – targeting offenders with a history of domestic violence.
Police arrested and charged 993 people across four days from Wednesday, May 13 to Saturday, May 16 as part of an “intelligence-led, offender-focussed operation” aiming to ensure the safety and well-being of domestic and family violence victims and the broader NSW community.
Act Spt Moroney said domestic violence remained a NSW Police priority and reiterated the alleged offender was not someone who had been on its radar.
He said issues relating to mental health would form a key part of the police investigation moving forward.
Act Spt Moroney said first responders had been confronted with a “particularly violent” crime scene.
It is understood the alleged offender contacted 000 and the victims were located in various parts of the Raymond Avenue home.
A number of items had been seized by police but the exact cause of death had yet to be determined – although Act Spt Moroney confirmed all three victims had suffered “significant” injuries.
He said police were unaware if there was anyone else inside the home at the time of the alleged offences but this would also form part of their ongoing enquiries.
If this story has brought up any issues for you, or if you or someone you know is in need of help, please call Lifeline on 13 11 14
--------------
The Southern Wire Newsletter is now here! Subscribe for free at the link below.
https://subscribe-forms.beehiiv.com/1986abc6-c89e-4781-9db2-cf35c9dd71e4
If you value independent local journalism across the Highlands, Tablelands and Wollondilly, please click the link below to support us as we are paywall free.
Read More: Campbelltown