News
17 February, 2026
Measles outbreak officially reaches the Southern Highlands
NSW Health is advising people to be alert for signs and symptoms of measles after being notified of four new cases across the state.

NSW Health is advising people to be alert for signs and symptoms of measles after being notified of four new cases across the state.
Three of the cases did not travel overseas and acquired their cases in NSW, and two of these locally acquired cases have a link to earlier NSW cases with the source of the third case still under investigation.
The fourth case is a recently returned traveller from South East Asia, where there have been outgoing outbreaks of measles.
Three locations in the Southern Highlands were identified as being exposed to measles last week.
They are as follows:
Robertson Supermarket and Bottleshop, 82 Hoddle Street, Robertson on Tuesday, 10 February between 2:20pm and 2:50pm;
Southern Rise Bakery, 34 Hoddle Street, Robertson, also on Tuesday, 10 February between 1:40pm - 2:40pm; and
National Parks and Wildlife Centre, Fitzroy Falls (Souvenir Shop), 1301 Nowra Rd, Fitzroy Falls, again on Tuesday, 10 February 2026 between the hours of 12:25pm and 1:45pm; and 1:00pm and 1:40pm.
Members of the public who have visited those locations during those times are urged to look out for symptoms including fever, runny nose, sore eyes, and a cough, usually followed three or four days later by a red, blotchy rash that spreads from the head to the rest of the body.
They are also urged to call their local Public Health Unit on 1300 066 055 if:
They know they are unvaccinated and it has been less than three days since their exposure; and
They are pregnant, have a weakened immune system, or have an infant that was exposed, and it has been less than six days since their exposure.
Symptoms can take up to 18 days before they appear, so people who have visited these locations need to monitor any symptoms until Saturday, February 28.
If symptoms do develop further, please call ahead to your doctor or local health service (including the local Emergency Department) and to notify them you may have come into contact with measles and wear a face mask when you go.
Note – there is no ongoing risk of measles at these locations.
Southern Rise Bakery Robertson owner, James Brown told The Southern Wire that they have been following all procedures laid out to them by NSW Health.
“The bakery was notified by NSW Health regarding the situation, and we have followed NSW Health’s advice and procedures, and will continue to monitor the situation into the future,” Mr. Brown said.
National Parks and Wildlife also stated that although they do not comment on individual staff members’ health or movements, they were abiding by NSW Health guidelines for the Fitzroy Falls Information Centre.
“Due to privacy reasons, we will not comment on staff members’ health or their movements,” a spokesperson said.
“National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS) has however followed advice from Health NSW, and there is no ongoing risk of measles at this location. The Fitzroy Falls Visitor Centre is still open.”
The Southern Wire also reached out to the Robertson Supermarket and Bottleshop for comment but did not receive a response by time of publication.
For more information on any further outbreaks, visit the NSW Health information page at https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/measles/Pages/public-exposure-locations.aspx.
Read More: Robertson, Fitzroy Falls, Southern Highlands