Advertisement

News

20 February, 2026

Auction launches Saturday to support Reject Repoly

Local residents are being urged to throw their support behind a major fundraising auction to help fund the community’s fight against a proposed plastics recycling facility in Moss Vale.

By Stuart Carless

Fashion icon Collette Dinnigan is backing the Reject Repoly fight. Supplied.
Fashion icon Collette Dinnigan is backing the Reject Repoly fight. Supplied.

Local residents are being urged to throw their support behind a major fundraising auction to help fund the community’s fight against a proposed plastics recycling facility in Moss Vale.

The auction is being launched by volunteer group Reject Repoly and will feature more than 40 lots with a value of more than $100,000.

The Reject Repoly Gala and Auction will be held at Hopewood House on Saturday, March 7 and will be hosted by Australian fashion icon Collette Dinnigan AO and art world leader Tim Olsen.

Tickets for the event are almost sold out.

However, those people wanting to support the auction don’t have to attend the gala.

Online bidding will start this Saturday, February 21 and will run through until 11pm on the night of the gala.

A Reject Repoly spokesperson said the auction would feature an “exceptional range of premium experiences, luxury items and exclusive opportunities” – all of them generously donated by local residents and businesses.

A live auction on the night of the gala will feature headline lots including an original art work by chef turned artist Gordan Richardson valued at more than $20,000, a private lunch for 10 at Olsen Gallery hosted by Tim Olsen and catered by acclaimed chef and social icon Nahji Chu (Lady Chu, Potts Point) and a $10,000 real estate marketing package with Sarah Wotton and Kate McCullagh (Di Jones).

The lottery for a stunning painting by Tim Storrier will also be drawn on the night.

The full auction listing will be available when bidding opens on February 21.

People can view and bid on the items at https://app.galabid.com/rejectrepoly/items

One of the experiences up for offer is an unforgettable evening for eight at the Glenquarry home of David and Rekha Arnott, a renowned Indian chef, complete with champagne on arrival, a lavish Indian feast paired with wine and a live Bollywood experience.

There is also a $2000 sculpture on offer from El Salvador-born artist Carlos Barrios.

“Local businesses and Highlands residents have donated an exceptional range of premium experiences, luxury items and exclusive opportunities,” a Reject Repoly spokesperson said.

“Expect more than 40 one-of-a-kind fashion, art, dining, wellness, and lifestyle packages - many not available anywhere else.

“From Highland produce, photography and art, music experiences as diverse as a Jimmy Barnes concert to a private recital by the renowned Café of the Gates of Salvation, to local and overseas travel experiences, the Southern Highlands community has rallied with donations to help Reject RePoly.”

As previously reported by The Southern Wire, the Reject Repoly campaign is in desperate need of financial support and has said that “highly specialised lawyers and barristers” – coming at a significant cost – will be the only way to help defeat the controversial proposal.

The original Plasrefine project was rebranded ‘Repoly’ after its proposal was rejected by the Independent Planning Commission last year and the applicant lodged an appeal in the Land and Environment Court.

One of the campaign’s supporters, Moss Vale farmer and former MP Peta Seaton, has said a “big war chest” will be the only way to make the community’s voice heard.

Residents have already been generous in their donations but have stepped up their support as part of the auction and gala event.

The Reject Repoly campaign has also been generously supported by local professionals and local businesses who have donated their skills and expertise, their time and their products to help fight the Repoly proposal.

Advertisement

Most Popular